Thursday, July 24, 2008

Wallpaper hell, day two. Or is it three?

We've turned the corner. All the prepping and taping is done and we're actually painting! Well, it's primer, but it's still paint.



I'm still working on the wallpaper adhesive, but that's where I've literally turned the corner - I'm on the last side of this nightmare!



You wouldn't believe how physically hard it is to get this stuff off. I couldn't help but take a moment to be thankful that I'm an American citizen with a desk job, and not some poor undocumented worker with no job options but manual labor. There must be people that do this sort of stuff eight hours a day. Seriously, if I didn't have beer, I couldn't have kept this up for four hours. I bet day laborers don't get gratis Miller Lite breaks.

The painting has to be done this week - we've got to start moving this weekend. . . which reminds me of a YouTube video that my friend (the guy who started the whole ANWR e-mail conversation) sent me - it's a Dunkin Donuts commercial about helping a friend.

No comments: