Wednesday, October 20, 2010

LL Cool B . . . ladies love cool beer

I know I promised a review of the Southern Tier Creme Brulee Imperial Milk Stout, but I haven't drank it yet - things that don't combine well with sitting down and enjoying a beer thoroughly keep getting in the way. Like a seven-year old's birthday party. And co-ed softball games (which apparently match well with Jello shots and cheap beer).

  But I was so pleased to see Ladies of Craft Beer founder (and president) Stevie Caldarola give a little shout-out to Tampa, Florida brewery Cigar City, reviewing (along with several other beers) their Big Sound Scotch Ale, I had to share:

 

Let me just start off by saying that Cigar City may just be my favorite brewery.  These guys have yet to fail me on a brew- everything that they offer is well thought out and really delicious.  Big Sound stays true to my word on this.  The beautiful cloudy cherry mohagony brew had one of the biggest noses of the night with a chewy toffee bread flair, similar to that of Panera’s Cinnamon Crunch Bagel.  Monkey bread, a bready peel off cake dish smothered in toffee, caramel gooey-ness.  Cherry rock candy meets toffee cookie in this huge and complex brew.  Yum!
 
I have had a couple Scotch ales before and liked them, but this sound deeeeeelicious!

  You should check out the LOC blog, by the way - even if you're not a lady. These dames know their beer.

Posted via email from Scurrilous Tosh

No comments: