Friday, December 11, 2009

My puppy's all grown up...

Wow, exactly a month since I last posted. How unprofessional of me! The holidays will do that to you. And by "holidays," I mean "college football."

I was looking at some new photos I took of Murphy, and I can't get over how different she looks now, compared to when we picked her up in July at 8 weeks old.

Her first photo (by phone) on the way home, the day we picked her up:


Later that month:


In August, after getting spade (thus the bandage on her arm from the anesthesia):





In September, at a house party for the UF-Tennessee game with a friend of ours (being silly - he didn't know I had the camera!) :



In October, in our front yard:




In November, another house party, which was ostensibly for the SEC Championship game, but turned into a dog party:




Last night, playing tug-o-war with Reggie:




When we first got Murphy, she was a little puff of fur with stubby legs and tiny ears. A friend called her "something that falls out of the dryer." Many others commented that she looked like a little bear. And then her snout lengthened (and became adorably freckled), her legs stretched out, and her ears grew as well. Our little bear cub is a dog now.

I think she's in an awkward "middle school" look now, but soon, I think she'll look a lot like her mama, Ruby:


No comments: