Friday, June 20, 2008

Just another way that Mary J. Blige kicks ass

From Hot Gossip (Yeah, I read it! So what?):


In other generous celebrity news, Mary J. Blige recently performed a random act of kindness for a fellow fan of kicky wrap dresses.

The New York Post says the chart-topper was shopping at the Diane von Furstenberg store in Manhattan when she noticed a young woman having a fashion crisis at the register.

"The girl had a dress on hold that she loved, and the bill was $900," a spy tells the paper. "She thought it was only $500, and she couldn't afford it."

Enter Blige, who told an employee, "Go get the girl. I want to pay for the balance on the dress."

The shopper at first refused to let the chanteuse pony up for her frock, but gave in when she told her, "I know what it's like to want something and not be able to have it. I insist."

Blige, who follows in the benevolent footsteps of a Manolo Blahnik-dispensing Renee Zellweger and a cold weather gear-treating Colin Farrell, refused the woman's offer to send her the money, reassuring her, "Just enjoy it. I'm blessed, so let me do this."




I became a fan after hearing "Be Without You" on the radio. I bought "The Breakthrough" and loved it. It's a great album to have on while you're getting to ready - nothing more empowering than strutting around in front of the mirror, waggling your head like a good white girl and belting out "Enough Cryin." Or maybe that's just me...

No comments: